Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Best Birthday Ever

Before today, my most memorable birthday was probably my 16th birthday in 1996 when I got a DHS letter jacket (size XL of course) with keys in the pocket to a shiny 1987 Oldsmobile Calais (baby blue both inside and out).  I wish I had a picture of the original but this replica picture courtesy of google will have to do. And for those of you with some free time, here's a link to an old commercial for the car as well. Classic!


But now that these boys have arrived I would have to say this birthday is by far the best (and NOT because I turned 29!). 

I would like to make some updates to some previous posts:
  1. Multitasking IS possible. Last night in an effort to stay awake for feedings I mastered the skill of the TV remote with my right big toe. With the remote strategically placed on the footstool of the rocking chair I am now able to turn the TV on, push the DVR button, scroll to the previously recorded show I want to watch, push play, and then fast forward through the commercials.
  2. Within 24 hours of being at home Ben asked to increase his weekly diaper estimate to 12 per day per child. He failed to factor in the number of times a diaper change would require more than one diaper.
  3. Kristi bought me a bluetooth so I am now able to talk on the phone with one or two babies in hand!
  4. The ShamWOW is not all it was cracked up to be (surprise surprise...)
We heard from Tanja and she got her Visa from the Serbian embassy so we are excited about that and very much look forward to her arrival in April.

Tonight I was surprised with dinner delivered from Buca thanks to my Mom and Dad for my birthday. It was delicious and I was even able to hold a baby while I ate :)

The boys continue to do well. Tomorrow Grandma Julie is coming up for the week so we are excited about that!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you were one lucky 16 year old. Now you are even luckier at 29! You've aged well - can't say the same for Oldsmobile. I'm disappointed by the Shamwow. I can only hope that some late night tv courtesy of the foot controlled remote control will provde more disappointing "as seen on tv" products. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I have a few memories of that car from high school! Going home for lunch to your house, riding to pre-game meals, etc.

    Buca is my favorite! Glad you got to enjoy some for your birthday. The boys are looking great!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...