Monday, January 5, 2009

My First Post!


Well, this is officially my first post.  I am 30 weeks 6 days today.  As of Friday the boys weighed 3 pounds 3 ounces and 3 pounds 9 ounces which is right about where they should be!  Even though they are identical it is very normal for there to be a variation in their weights.

We had our weekly doctor appointment today.  The weekly appointments at this point include an ultrasound, biophysical test , and a cervix check.  Baby A was a star today - scored 10 out of 10 on the biophysical test and Baby B got 8 out of 10.  It was the heart-rate acceleration that kept him from getting 10 out of 10 but the doctor says that's very normal given their age (31 weeks tomorrow).  The doctor did check the cervix and I am now dilated to 1 cm.  For the last 3 weeks of bedrest I had been 50% effaced but not yet dilated.  She wants to keep me on bedrest and increased the medication (Nifedipine) because I'm still having quite a few contractions.  Hopefully the medication will reduce the contractions and keep my cervix from dilating any more for at least a few more weeks (we need these babies to stay put for another few weeks!).  My official 40 week due date would be March 10th but the doctor has said from the beginning that she won't let me go past 38 weeks.  I have a C-Section scheduled for February 25th and the closest I get to that the better.

I am actually staying very busy with bedrest.  I am able to work from home with my laptop and that takes up most of the day.  The rest of the time is spent going to the bathroom (haha), researching all baby-related things on the internet, knitting (thanks to Kristi and Amy for teaching me!) and searching for au pairs.  Bedrest also allows me lots and lots of cuddle time with Gussie which he loves.

Ben is taking excellent care of me - he's quite the cook (thank-you Barb!)  He's cooked more meals for me in the last 3 weeks than I've cooked for him in the last 3 years!

This last weekend all of Ben's family made the trip up North to celebrate Christmas.  It was very nice!  Here's a family picture we took.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...