Monday, January 12, 2009

It's a Dog's Life



Don't get me wrong - I've always known it is a "dog's life" but these weeks confined to the house and the bed have helped me truly understand the meaning of that.  Here is a brief list of the great benefits (from Gus' perspective of course) of his Mom being on bed rest (in no particular order):
  1. While I used to just get two meals a day I am now usually able to talk someone in to feeding me lunch as well.  In addition, there seem to be more cooked meals around here and cooked meals usually result in more "spills".
  2. Sleeping is a big part of my day - and now I have someone to cuddlebug with.
  3. One of my important roles as "man" of the house is protecting it. This is no easy feat. I have both the front of the house as well as the entire back yard to monitor. Not only that, but I have both humans to watch for and even worse - squirrels and rabbits.  Being on bed rest with my Mom allows me to keep better tabs on what's going on throughout the day rather than just in the mornings and evenings.
  4. More visitors.  Rather than Ben and Kristin leaving me here to go places, people end up coming over here.  I love visitors...especially when they are the four legged furry kind.
  5. Less time spent in that upstairs bedroom.  I am pretty sure I don't like what is going on up there.  A lot of "things" seem to be accumulating up there that don't relate to or involve me.
All-in-all I definitely would choose bed rest; however, there is probably one down side. Because sleeping is so important to me, Kristin's work-related phone calls can be be extremely interruptive.  I let her and the important caller on the other end know that by whining and barking...only during the actual phone of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...