Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2 for the Price of 1


Most things in life are two for the price of two. In some extra special cases they are two for the price of two hundred.

(Wait - I think Babies R' Us offered a 10% twin discount. Anyway...)

After nearly hitting our out-of-pocket maximum for our health insurance plan in 2011 (ambulance ride, 2 ER trips, ear infections, etc. etc. etc.) I finally got creative.


It goes a little somethin' like this.


2 sick boys?


Appointment for ONE. 


GENIUS, HUH?


(I usually make the appointment under the 'sicker' boy's name). They are kind of like a package deal. The doctor always looks at the other one anyway!


Listen to me, all self-asserting like I've saved a ton of money. I've probably saved 2-3 co-pays over the last whole entire YEAR. We're talking $40-$60 dollars. But for some reason it feels good in a "winning" sort of way.


Kind of like when you "forget" that you have milk on the bottom rack of your cart at the grocery store and the checker-outer-lady doesn't notice? Yeah, that's how I feel.


[Mom: you'll appreciate knowing the boys inherited my patience when it comes to sitting in a doctor's office waiting for the doctor. Remember all of those knee-related doctor appointments?!]


Despite how terribly sick the boys look in the above pictures, we were able to walk out with one ear infection. I knew exactly which boy and which ear (P's left ear). But thankfully Dr. B checked all four ears. Hopefully we all sleep better tonight.


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...