Monday, December 19, 2011

Insta-Weekend 12.18.11

The second half of the annual Schultes Family tour-de-Iowa kicked off this past weekend with a trip to Decorah, IA. (The first half included two trips to Iowa for Thanksgiving). We even got to see some snow while we were there. And a bear. Well, kinda. A bear was spotted on my mom's property and we saw pictures of the (very) large footprints. We didn't see the actual bear...but those are minor details. I told Mom to call KWWL but she wasn't having it.

As expected, the boys "understand" Christmas more this year. And I guess by "understand" I mean they understand how to RECEIVE presents. We're a long ways from understanding the true meaning of Christmas!!

When we got to my Dad's house, Mason had completely unwrapped an entire gift (the paper was in 342 pieces) before I had even gotten my shoes off in the entry way. Despite the number of gifts that were for him, he happened to pick one that wasn't for him. Pretty funny!

I am disappointed in the quantity of pictures, but you can't win em' all. Some highlights:  Spending quality time with the ones I love most, despite Cara being sick (POOR CARA!)  Giving and receiving some pretty fun gifts. Watching the boys open each gift. Taco pizza! Birthday cake! Seeing family that I don't get to see very often. Laughs, laughs, and more laughs with my sister. And lots and lots of eating!









Two quiet boys = trouble! They just happened to find the dish of chocolates and decided to help themselves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...