Saturday, May 9, 2009

Time for a new watch


OK - this isn't about the boys but I can't resist. I love watches - always have. Even more than shoes. I think I get this love from my dad who also likes watches and clocks. If you are getting married and want a clock - invite Don. His signature wedding gift is always a clock. 

Anyway...in high school I had a fossil watch like this (except it, like all cool watches at that time, had a leather band). It was my favorite watch of all time. I think my friend Kjersten had one like it as well. I lost mine in a tragic accident. It was sitting on my nightstand and one day I reached to turn off the light and knocked a picture off the wall. The picture came down and the corner of the picture pierced the face of the watch and it was all over. I haven't stopped thinking about this watch. A few years ago I actually searched the fossil website just to see if they still made them and even checked Ebay. No luck. I have actually thought that if I still had that watch I would put a new band on it and still wear it because I loved it so much. 

This morning after the boys had been up to eat, play and were already sleeping again (all by 7:15 am) I was sitting at the table eating my MultiGrain Cheerios (also a favorite these days) and flipping through my Lucky magazine that just arrived. And there it was...

The coolest part is that they have it at Dillards and I have a gift card for Dillards that I thought I'd never use. So the way I look at it - it's free. I can't wait for Ben to wake up - I'm sure he'll be just as excited as I am...

Better go - need to pack for our first trip to IOWA! We're headed to a graduation party in Ankeny. I need to try to pack light or Ben's sister is going to think we're moving in...

1 comment:

  1. I remember your watches! I feel the opposite. I can't stand wearing a watch. Thank goodness cell phones have the time or else I'd be in trouble! Have a good trip to Des Moines. I have no advice about packing lightly...I'm the world's worst packer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...