Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Date


On Friday night Ben and I went on our first date since the boys were born. (Unless you count dinners together in the hospital while the boys were in the NICU). It was Kristi who insisted. To be honest I wasn't all that excited about it (the thought of sleep and/or time with the boys sounded more appealing). But it was much needed and it was a great idea. After watching the premier of Jon & Kate last night makes me think it was an even better idea...

I was able to leave work a little early and Kristi came over around 5:30. It was a little hard to leave the boys because they were both crying. And I would feel bad leaving them both crying with my worst enemy (it's a tad bit overwhelming!) We first dropped Tanja off at the airport (she went back to Chicago for the weekend). We went to dinner at Tucci Benucch in the MOA and it was delicious. There was even time for a little shopping...

And then there was dessert. Clearly necessary. I only like ice cream from two places in the whole world - the Whippy Dip in Decorah and IKEA. So we wrapped up our romantic evening with two cones from IKEA. Yum!

We got back home around 9:30 and fed the boys and put them to bed. Kristi survived!! They slept from 10:00 until 3:00 am. And then they went right back to bed after they ate until 6:30. After they ate at 6:30 Ben offered me $100 if he could go back to bed. DEAL!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the 2nd date and the 42nd date. By that time the boys will be old enough to break some rules when mom and dad leave the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so darn cute....the pix where they are both smiling is absolutely adorable!!
    Just a hint....Whippy Dip is open.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...