Sunday, September 23, 2012

Preschool

The boys' official first day of preschool was September 10. We went to summer camp for a total of four weeks this summer - the school said it was to help get the kids used to school. I think it was really for the parents. It was much easier for me after having already taken them this summer. Remember this post? See, they have been growing like weeds. Seriously.

It's only two days a week for 3 hours each day, which is super inconvenient for working parents, but it is the perfect amount of time for them. Thank goodness for our au pair. 

The teacher asked if she could use masking tape on their back to tell them apart. I'm sure we'll get that question for a while. 

It's also interesting to hear how they act in those situations away from home with other people. They've been good so far but apparently they wrestle "a lot". We really don't wrestle/rough house much at home, so I'm not sure why....but they are boys. And they're probably showing off. 

My favorite is the email I got from the teacher (addressed to all parents): "As is typical at the beginning of the year, we have been talking a lot about manners, listening to directions, and keeping our hands to ourselves at school. Thank you for reenforcing these same values at home." I laughed out loud when I read this one! We have a long ways to go on mastering those!

I see them walk into new situations such as this together and realize how unbelievably lucky they are to have each other. I don't think they have the same sense of fear or uncertainty when they know they've always got someone to watch their back. Pretty damn special.

P/M
Neither of my children are paying attention here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...