Thursday, September 6, 2012

Erika {farewell}

Last weekend we said good-bye to our lovely au pair, Erika.

Erika has been with us for a little over a year. Her visa is expiring and it is time for her to return home to Colombia. While we are very excited for what the future holds for Erika, it is very said to see her go.

She knows our family so well, and she can nearly read my mind when it comes to caring for the boys. This is so comforting as a momma! They've even learned an enormous amount of Spanish. The cutest part is that they even have the right accent...

Let's see....my favorite things about Erika that we will miss...her creativity. She made the most amazing art projects with the boys. I will treasure them forever. Her fantastic photographs of the boys...but mostly...her love for my precious babies!



While this seems like a lot of "stuff"... I couldn't imagine how much I would have if I was traveling for 1-2 years!

isn't she photogenic?
erika and mase
P and erika
love this one!
soooo cute!
Your next question is likely....now what!? Did you get another au pair?? 

The answer is YES! I am fairly 100% certain that we could not function with our current careers without one. Aupairs are such an amazing blessing...I could write a book on how fantastic they are.


More on our new au pair later. For now, I want Erika to have her minute or two in the spotlight! We love you, Erika and wish you nothing but the best! Hugs! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...