Thursday, July 23, 2009

Green Acres is the Place to Be...

Farm livin' is the life for me!

Last weekend we made our first trip back to the Schultes farm in Dedham, IA. Ben's cousin Nic got married. The weather was absolutely perfect and it was a lot of fun to see the family.  

We only made it through the first reading at the wedding before the boys decided it was time to leave but luckily G-Grandpa and G-Grandma Rupiper live right next to the church in Roselle. Another first to check off the list - the boys made their first trip to the bar this weekend. The Roselle Tavern is located where else but right across the street from the church. 5 months may sound young for the boys to be at the bar but I think there's a good chance both Ben and I were in a bar by this age. 

I have also decided that two crying babies in a too-small SUV is a form of torture. The boys' threshold for car rides is somewhere in between 0 and 5 1/2 hours. On the drive down we drove at night which worked out well. But the ride back up north on Sunday was a rough one!

Mason/Prior all dressed up for the wedding. I think Prior looks like Ben in this picture.

Uncle Jacob with Mason and Prior at the park in Carroll. It was just a little chilly so it was a perfect reason to wear our hats. On Friday we met Ben's friend Ryan and Nikki Reiff and their two boys at the park. 


Ben and Prior

Grandpa Denny and Mason having a little chat while the girls were getting ready for the wedding. I bought the boys "P" and "M" bibs on Etsy. It saved us about 400 "which one is that?" questions that day so they were definitely worth it!

Prior and Mason smiling and talking to Grandma Barb. I love their onesies - they say "stop copying me!" I always remember that being an area of contention with my sister and I. "Mom...Cara's copying me!"

Look at this view! Sorry boys - I am referring to the rolling farmland... 

On Friday the boys made their debut at the Carroll County Courthouse. Grandma Barb works in the Treasurer's office and the boys got a mini-tour of the courthouse. They even picked out some license plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...