Saturday, August 20, 2011

Locksmiths

I have a confession.


We lock the boys in their bedroom during nap times and at night. 


And by "lock", I mean there's a childproof doorknob cover over the inside door handle.


I know some of you think I'm crazy or cruel (or both). But if you lived with these mini-engineers, you'd be less critical.


I'm telling you - had we not installed these doorknob covers (and let me tell you - they're on EVERY door in this house), you would have heard about us on the news by now. "Twin toddlers escaped house at 2 am and found miles from house - all while parents slept". 


These two are brave. They're smart. And they're quiet - when seeking trouble. I guess when you have a twin right by your side you're less afraid of the dark. And they're already scheming. At the ripe ol' age of 2 1/2.


These doorknob handles are kind of annoying - and not very easy to open. But one afternoon, recently, the door mysteriously opened after nap time. 


So I asked P&M how they were able to open the door.

And the response I got from one of the boys (speaking on behalf of the team), was:

"The blanket helps us."


They then proceeded to show me. They jammed one of their blankies into the cover and were able to get it packed tight enough to turn the knob. [Maybe all two year olds do this? Pleeease say yes!!]


My favorite part of the story is when I was told that the blanket helped "us". Not "me", but "us". 


It's hilarious to me how much of a team these two are. 


I'm going to enjoy it while it's still cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...