Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Supermarket Sweep


Mason/Prior

Can I just tell you how excited I was when I realized that the huge oversized shopping carts at Costco are made for two little ones?!

The boys have recently decided that they despise their stroller. And despise = temper tantrum (times two). And just like everything else these two little boys do, it's at the exact same time.

They do, however, like their wagon. I think they just like feeling a little more free. And they like to be able to see what's going on around them (i.e. they like to look for trouble). Another reason might be the ridiculous 5 point harness in the stroller seats. The wagon only has one. I guess I can't blame them. The problem is that the wagon just doesn't fold up quite as easily (or at all) for trips to the grocery store. Despite the size of our SUV, after we bring home half of Costco, there just isn't much room for a gigantic wagon. 

I should probably clarify that although the boys liked the shopping cart much better than their stroller, their preference would have actually been to run wild in Costco. So they weren't exactly good. Therefore we made our way through the store "supermarket sweep" style - FAST!

So shopping cart it is! Both of Ben's sisters had broken collar bones growing up - and I think one was related to a shopping cart incident. So we were extra careful!



1 comment:

  1. It's actually refreshing to hear about someone else's kids who hate the stroller and would rather run around the store than be in any sort of containment!! Mine are both like that so we do supermarket sweep style shopping everywhere we go! Max is finally at the age where he understands the rules that he can touch with 1 finger, but Mya could care less. $10/hour babysitting charges are totally worth it to shop alone:)

    We're going up to Decorah for the fest, but I'm only staying Friday night. I signed up for a tennis tourney in Dbq before I knew it was nordic fest weekend. maybe see you around friday night??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...