Monday, February 22, 2010

Thirty

In celebration of this birthday milestone, I thought I would accumulate a list of 30 things that I love. There are so many things it was hard to choose. But here is what I came up with (in no particular order):
  1. My two beautiful children who continue to inspire me daily.
  2. My successful and supportive husband - he's a great husband and an even greater dad.
  3. My parents, my sister, my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmas, grandpas, and even my in laws!
  4. Being motivated.
  5. Taco pizza - especially from Happy Joe's.
  6. Giving nicknames. 
  7. The perfect pair of jeans - it's a lifelong quest.
  8. Drinking out of a straw.
  9. Shopping.
  10. Cereal. If I had to choose only one food to take with me to a deserted island I think it would be cereal. 
  11. Liquids in general. Growing up my mom would buy frozen juice by the case. 
  12. All sweets - I don't even discriminate by saying chocolate is my favorite. I like them all.
  13. A "good deal". Who doesn't?
  14. Sleep. I loved sleep even before the boys were born. Always have.
  15. Swearing. It adds emphasis when needed.
  16. Reality TV + my DVR. A few of my favorites right now include: American Idol, The Bachelor, Big Brother, and Project Runway. The reality TV shows and the DRV go hand in hand. The DVR makes it all possible.
  17. My aupair, Noi. She takes such great care of my boys and is always teaching them something new.
  18. A good sense of humor. I love to laugh!!
  19. Warm weather. Some days (most days this time of year), I remind myself that I chose to live here.
  20. Traveling. While I have been to many fun and exciting places, there are many more on my to-do list.
  21. Learning and being informed about things.
  22. Traditions - whether it be for holidays, birthdays or just any days.
  23. Being a mom. Being a mom has exceeded all expectations. It is a million times cooler than I ever even imagined (and I imagined it being pretty cool).
  24. My job. It's challenging and rewarding.
  25. My dog, Gus. Despite how ill-behaved he can be.
  26. Real estate. If I wasn't an accountant I think I would be doing something in real estate. 
  27. Taking pictures of my boys.
  28. Jewelry. I should start another list of things I want to do before I die. Making jewelry would be on my list.
  29. Scarfing. What is "scarfing", you ask? It is the name Ben gave to my knitting and crocheting hobby. He calls it scarfing because for the longest time all I knew how to make were scarfs.
  30. Weekends.
I also thought today would be a good day to post a picture of me when I was a baby. As much as these little boys look like their daddy, I think there is just a little resemblance to me! Here I am - circa 1980.

What do you think?
(thank goodness the boys didn't get my "elf" ears!)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...