Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sleep, n

For Father's Day I got Ben a card and the front of it had a picture of a man sleeping in a lawn chair with a newspaper over his head and it read this:

"Sleep, n
1: the natural periodic suspension of consciousness during which the powers of the body are restored  2: a state resembling sleep  3: a period spent sleeping"

The inside of the card said "In case you forgot what it was".

That card was funny back in June. It's becoming less and less funny every day.

Here's Prior in his "Huggies Overnight" diaper. 

Many of you might not even know that they make special 'overnight' diapers. Well, Huggies does. 

Huggies makes these diapers just for special little babies that get up so many times in the middle of the night to snack that regular diapers just won't cut it. They should put these diapers in the same isle as Red Bull and sleep training books.

Speaking of sleep training. We need some. 

Mom says: crying = neglect, bad mom, the whole nine yards. (I can sleep when they're in college, right?)

Dad says: let them cry. ("them" being the twins AND mom.)

Compromise: pick two sleep related books and come up with a "plan". I chose the two books. One was conveniently available on iTunes (so I took that option so I could listen to it in the car during my commute). Ben was stuck with the book to read. Seriously - if I had time to read a book I probably wouldn't be in this predicament!

Here's Ben reading his book:

A few of my favorite quotes from the book included: "raising twins is exhausting... and "some babies start to sense there is a game being played - they cry, you show up!"

Wish us luck!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my...that picture of Ben is priceless. Good luck with whatever option you do. I can tell you this...when you decide to do something and it works, you will kick yourself for not doing it 3 months ago! It happened to me not once, but twice! you would think I would learn:) I hate to tell you this, but I'm with Ben on this one:) Seriously, it will work and it won't take long. (with mya it took 3 nights) They have you trained. Now you just have to un-train them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you give bottles to the boys at all, one trick that worked really well with my daughter around the same age is I would rock her till half way through the bottle then lay her in her crib and hold it so she could finish. She was all snuggled in and would conk out there and stay out for 8ish hours. Worth a try if you haven't already.:) Good Luck!! Your boys are cute adn I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...